These yummy squares can be frozen and reheated as you need them. Serve as is or with a side salad.
MAKES 12 SQUARES
3 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
2 scallions, thinly sliced
4 medium zucchini, grated 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 cup milk
salt and pepper
1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- . Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9-inch x 9-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Cook the bacon in a pan until crispy. Remove and cook onion, garlic, and scallions in the bacon grease until soft.
- Place mixture in a large bowl with bacon, zucchini, feta, and Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate, bowl beat together milk, eggs, and flour. Stir into the zucchini mixture.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish, use a spatula to smooth out the batter.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until set.
- Cool and cut into squares.
Made it? Tell us about it–