This recipe monday is for a divine banana and raisin bread pudding. My grandmother used to make bread puddings when I was a kid, hers was always made with raisins. I added bananas to mine, just think the sweet and warm banana gives such an amazing flavor to the dish. At the end, just before serving I drizzle the whole pudding with caramel sauce. It's divine. Enjoy!
Butter, for baking dish
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 sup sugar
2 1/2 cup milk
2 brioche or challah breads, cut into cubes
2 bananas, sliced
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup caramel sauce
- Butter a shallow baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla and sugar.
- Add milk.
- Add bread, bananas and raisins, toss gently.
- Let the mixture stand 30 minutes to absorb all the liquid.
- Toss gently every 10 minutes.
- Transfer to the baking dish and bake at 350 until golden. It takes about 50 minutes.
- Take it out drizzle with caramel sauce and serve.
Made it? Tell us about it–