Maia du Plessis dreams up this Mediterranean inspired meal in a space infused with local artwork. The art of cooking.
salt and black pepper, to taste
1 can tuna in oil
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
1 tablespoon capers
juice of half a lemon
arugula, to serve
- Rub olive oil into the fillet and season with salt and pepper.
- Sear in a very hot griddle pan or on a barbeque.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side until medium rare.
- Remove from heat and wrap tightly in foil, and leave to rest.
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a blender and process until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Thinly slice the beef, and place on a platter garnished with arugula.
- Spoon over the sauce. Best served at room temperature.
Made it? Tell us about it–