It's hearty and warming just how a good stew should be. So when you are tired of the old turkey or ham then "Go To" Mister Stroganoff.
1 pound beef tenderloin
Salt and pepper, to taste
3 tablespoons butter
1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
1 pound mixed mushrooms, sliced
1 tablespoon plain flour
2 cups beef broth
1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/2 tablespoon sugar
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons freshly chopped dill
- Cut the meat into strips and season well with salt and pepper.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet and brown the meat in batches; remove meat when cooked.
- Add onion and mushrooms and sauté the mixture over medium heat until onion becomes soft.
- Stir in flour.
- Add broth and stir well.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add meat, Dijon and sugar and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and dill.
- Heat, but do not cook.
- Serve warm with noodles.
Made it? Tell us about it–