I have to say that beets are one of my favorite ingredients. The sweet taste, wonderful red or golden color and so easy to prepare. The best way is to roast them in the oven. Place the beets in an oven proof dish, drizzle with olive oil and bake at 300F, 180C until tender. It takes about 40-60 minutes, all depends on how big the beets are. The smoky salty pancetta is such an amazing flavor to go with the sweet beets and peas. Enjoy!
3 golden beets, roasted and peeled
3 red beets, roasted and peeled
100 g pancetta, cubed
4 cups of salad greens
50 g macademia nuts
50 g fresh peas
For the Dressing:
5 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Thinly slice the beets and place them on 4 plates.
- Fry the pancetta golden in a pan. Drain it on some kitchen paper.
- Sprinkle over the beets.
- Add salad greens, macademia nuts and peas.
- In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, mustard and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the dressing among the plates and serve.
Made it? Tell us about it–