This cake reminds me of my mother. She would make this at every birthday or special occasion.
You will need:
3 cups sugar
2 sticks butter room temperature
3 cups cake flour
1 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 teaspoon salt
4 cups mixed berries, strawberries cut in half
1 1/2 cup heavy cream
Sugar to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and then eggs one at a time mixing well between each egg.
- Measure out dry ingredients and mix up a little bit and set aside.
- Add cream and flour mixture and mix well.
- Pour into two layer cake pans that have been greased and floured.
- Bake about 30 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes on wire racj and then remove from pans and allow to cool completely.
- Make whipped cream with heavy cream and sugar to taste. You can addd a dash of vanilla if you like.
- Place one layer on a stand and spread with half of the whipped cream mixture
- Add half the berries and on top, add another layer of cake. Spread with the rest of the cream and add the rest of the berries.
- Leave the cake in the fridge for at least one hour before serving.
Made it? Tell us about it–