Berries, amaretto, marzipan, with a sweet crumble topping! This recipe is based on the marzipan tarts that my mormor would make for me in Norway when I was a boy. This recipe is presented by my friends at Fiesta!
You will need:
2 cups mixed berries
4 apricots, cut into wedges
3 plums, cut into wedges
½ cup amaretto
1⁄3 cup all purpose flour
3 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons brown sugar
½ cup crumbled marzipan
- Place the berries, apricots, and plums in a bowl and add the amaretto.
- Let the berries and fruit macerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix flour, butter, and sugar to a crumbly mixture.
- Place berries, fruits, and the juice in ovenproof bowls and top with the sugar mix, crumbled marzipan, and a little fresh rosemary.
- Bake at 375°F for about 10 minutes, then turn on the broiler so that you toast the marzipan. Watch carefully to ensure that the marzipan gets toasted, but doesn’t burn.
- Serve as is or with some lightly sweetened whipped cream.
You can make this with whatever fruit combination you like. It's also absolutely acceptable to use frozen fruit! Also, I love to make individual servings in bowls, but you could make this in a single casserole as well.
Made it? Tell us about it–