This salad is for the hungry caterpillar—it’s not very leafy, so it’s for a day when a leaf just wont cut it.
1 butternut squash
3 tins black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup feta cheese
1/2 cup arugula leaves
large bunch of mint leaves, torn
1 lime, just and zest
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut the squash into medium-sized chunks, about 1”–2” squared.
- Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and pop in the oven.
- Roast for 30–35 minutes, until the squash is cooked through and just starting to caramelize at the edges.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Toss together with the beans and crumbled feta cheese.
- Top with arugula leaves and mint.
- Mix together the lime juice, zest, and the olive oil.
- Season well and pour dressing on top.
- Serve salad immediately.
Made it? Tell us about it–