This is my current go-to salad!
This recipe is from my Spring 2015 issue!
Read the issue: CLICK HERE
Instant Download PDF: CLICK HERE
4 blood oranges
1/2 cup walnuts
1 1/2 handfuls baby arugula leaves, rinsed
1 handful baby spinach leaves, rinsed
1 1/2 handfuls watercress leaves, rinsed
3 oz soft goat cheese, crumbled - we love Vermont Creamery goat cheese
3 oz olive oil
2 tablespoons white
3 teaspoons cider vinegar
1 teaspoon maple syrup
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place walnut pieces onto a paper-lined baking tray.
- Bake for 5–7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Roughly chop walnuts.
- Peel oranges, removing all the pith. Thickly slice oranges.
- In a mixing bowl, combine arugula, spinach, and watercress leaves.
- For the dressing, place olive oil, balsamic vinegar, cider vinegar, maple syrup, salt, and pepper into a screw-top jar. Shake to mix well.
- Add orange slices, walnuts, and dressing. Toss gently.
- Arrange onto serving plates and top each with crumbled goat cheese.
Made it? Tell us about it–