Winter brings the wonderful gift of juicy dark blood oranges. Drown them in rich earthy hibiscus syrup and serve alongside a hearty cheeseboard.
You will need:
4 blood oranges
11⁄2 cups hibiscus syrup
- Cut the oranges into 1⁄4" slices and remove any seeds.
- Bring the hibiscus syrup to a boil over a medium to high heat.
- Add the orange slices and reduce to a simmer.
- Cook for 5 minutes then remove from the heat.
- Allow the oranges to cool in the syrup.
- These can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.
Made it? Tell us about it–