I have a child-like affection for ice pops. As a kid, I loved slowly taking them out of the wrapper and then devouring them, and that love has not lessened with age. These are among my favorite ice pops to make. Some are for kids and some are more for grown ups—but they are all sure to keep you cool on a warm summer’s day
1 tablespoon freshly grated horseradish
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
pinch of salt
pinch of red chili flakes
½ cup vodka
grated zest from 1 lime, for serving
sea salt, for serving
- Pour tomatoes into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, salt, red chili flakes, and vodka. Blend well.
- Pour into ice pop molds, add sticks, and freeze for 12 hours. (The alcohol adds to the freezing time.)
- Take out of the freezer. Run under hot water for a few seconds, and remove the pops from the molds
- Serve with lime zest and sea salt.
The best way to remove pops from the mold is to run the mold under hot water for a few seconds, then gently pull out the pops. If they’re stuck, just put the mold under hot water a little longer.
Made it? Tell us about it–