A Norwegian classic! Soft, creamy, and wonderfully naughty, this is my favorite cake from childhood.
You will need:
10 1/2 tablespoons butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
5 egg yolks
1/3 cup whole milk
4 tablespoons amaretto
1/2 pint of heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup strawberry jam
1 cup sliced strawberries
1 cup mixed berries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Stir in the egg yolks and milk.
- Pour the mixture into 2 9" round cake pans covered with parchment paper.
- Bake mixture in the middle of the oven for about 25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- While cooling, soak the sponge in Amaretto.
- While the sponge is still cooling, beat heavy cream and sugar to soft peaks.
- Once cool, place 1 sponge on a serving dish, top with jam, strawberries, and cream. Place the other sponge on top and cover with the rest of the jam and cream.
- Finish with berries and mint.
- Let the cake sit for 1 hour in the fridge before serving.
Made it? Tell us about it–