Garlic, cream, & potatos... it doesn't get much better than that!
2 1/4 lbs blue or purple potatoes
2 large cloves garlic
2 tablespoons butter, softened
2 1/2 cups heavy cream
pinch of nutmeg, freshly grated
salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1⁄8” thick slices.
- Cut the cloves of garlic in half and rub them around the inside of a cast-iron or earthenware dish.
- Butter the dish generously.
- Layer the potato slices in the dish.
- Season cream with nutmeg, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Pour over potatoes and bake for 1–1½ hours, until the cream has been absorbed by the potatoes, and tops are golden.
Made it? Tell us about it–