This crisp is such a fabulous dessert! I love to make them in individual cups! We asked our friends Noah Fecks & Paul Wagtouicz to recreate a Thanksgiving meal from 1947 inspired by the classic food photography of Gourmet Magazine.
You will need:
3 pints blueberries
1⁄4 ruby port
1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup rolled oats
2 tablespoons flour
3 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Combine rinsed blueberries with ruby port in an 8-inch glass or ceramic pie dish, and sprinkle with some of the brown sugar.
- Cover and let stand for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine oats, flour, salt, and remaining brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Blend butter pieces into the mixture with fingers or pastry blender until a coarse meal forms.
- Sprinkle evenly over the berries.
- Bake until golden and bubbling, about 30 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Made it? Tell us about it–