Paul's take on a traditional pancake cake using blueberry jam as the filling.
2 cups plain flour, sifted
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
1 cup milk
5 tablespoons melted butter
- Place flour, salt, eggs, milk and butter in a food processor and beat until you have a smooth batter.
- Let the batter rest for 30 minutes.
- This will make the flour swell some, so if the batter feels too thick simply add a little more milk.
- Cook on a medium hot, greased skillet, using about 3 tablespoons of batter for each pancake.
- Swirl the pan so that the batter covers the pan.
- Cook 1 minute, turn over using a spatula.
- They should be light brown on each side.
- Do a few test pancakes before you start to save "keepers". You'll need 10-14 pancakes to build your cake.
- Start to build the cake by layering pancakes and jam on a serving platter.
- Once your cake is built, cover the top with more jam, slice and serve!
Made it? Tell us about it–