A tasty and healthy breakfast all in one bowl!
4 thick slices of country style bread, cubed
12 stalks mini asparagus, cut in 3
4 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper
1/2 bunch fresh parsley
1/2 bunch fresh mint
1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts + extra for serving
juice from 1 lemon
grated zest from 1 lemon
pinch of red chili flakes
1/2 cup Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 380F.
- Place the bread, asparagus and ramps on a baking tray and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake until golden, about 12 minutes.
- Place herbs, pine nuts, lemon, chili and oil in a blender and blend until smooth. If its to thick just add a little more oil.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and add a little vinegar, poach the eggs for 3 minutes.
- In a bowl start with the bread, then asparagus and ramps, then the egg, pine nuts and finish off with the lemon herb sauce.
You can of course use whatever vegetables you have and you like for this. Day old bread is also great to use -- brioche, baguette are all good in my book.
Made it? Tell us about it–