This is an indulgent little treat that comes together in minutes and satisfies the that salty-sweet tooth instantly!
I use extra-dark potato chips because I love their deep flavor, but you could use any type of non-flavored potato chip!
Serves 4 to 6
You will need:
1/4 cup butter - I used lightly salted cultured butter from Vermont Creamery
3 cups of mini-marshmallows
1/2 cup coconut flakes
1 bag of chips - I used an extra-dark 8.5 ounce bag
1/2 cup semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
2 pinches of good flakey sea salt
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- In a large sauce pan, cook your butter over medium-low heat slowly until it's a a nice brown witha nutty smell. Be careful not to burn! You can search for videos on how to brown butter on youtube to get a handle on the technique.
- After your butter is browned, remove from heat and add your marshmallows, and mix until your marshmallows have melted. You may need to use a little more heat to do this.
- Add coconut and whole bag of chips and carefully mix well.
- Mix in chocolate chips. They will melt and add to the rich gooeyness of the mixture.
- Pour the mixture onto your lined cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with flakey sea salt to taste.
- Allow to cool completely and break up into bite sized bits.
This is a great mix to wrap up and gift!
Made it? Tell us about it–