These are next level brussel sprouts!
I always loved Brussels sprouts, even as a kid. My dad used to grow them in the garden and I was so excited when the first harvest would come in. For years I have been roasting them with bacon, but a while back someone served them with crumbled blue cheese on top. And wow, talk about an exploration of flavors. You’ve got to try this!
1 lb Brussels sprouts, quartered
3 tablespoons olive oil
salt & pepper, to taste
½ cup pancetta, cubed
½ cup crumbled blue cheese (the saltier the better)
2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the Brussels sprouts on a baking tray and drizzle with oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add pancetta and roast in the oven for about 5–6 minutes, or until the pancetta starts to crisp.
- Place in a bowl and top with blue cheese and chives.
- Give it a gentle toss and serve.
Made it? Tell us about it–