I always loved brussels sprouts. Even as a kid I loved them.My dad called them "the green balls". They where always a part of our christmas dinner. This year they will be made with pancetta and almonds. The taste of the pancetta is amazing with the "green balls". Great to serve with christmas ham or any pork roast.
500 g brussels sprouts, cleaned and cut in half
200 g pancetta, cubed
2 tablespoons olive oil
50 g almonds
- Heat the oven to 200C, 380F.
- Place brussels sprouts, pancetta, oil and almonds in an oven proof baking dish.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the brussels sprouts are al dente and the pancetta is golden.
- You need to stir every 5 minutes so that the fat from the pancetta covers the sprouts.
- Take it out, taste with salt and pepper.
Made it? Tell us about it–