- place beans and chicken broth in a large soup pot and cook for 45 minutes, or until just soft.
- meanwhile, peel and cube squash. (Ann uses a vegetable peeler for the skin and spoon to scoop out the seeds.)
- in a medium skillet, sauté bacon, leeks and garlic in olive oil until bacon starts to brown.
- Add squash until softened.
- Add bacon mixture and squash to the beans.
- Add wine, peach preserves and chopped tomatoes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and a sprinkle of fresh thyme.
- stir and simmer for about 45 minutes or until done and flavors have melded; adjust seasonings. (more chicken broth may need to be added as the stew simmers; liquid should cover all.)
- Garnish with fresh parsley and thyme.
- Serve with crusty bread to soak up the yummy broth.
Made it? Tell us about it–