No-Bake French Apricot Cookies
Read my Fall 2017 Issue:
1 egg white
2 cups powdered sugar
½ cup dried apricots
2 cups almond flour
¾ cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon apricot jam
2 teaspoon water
- Whisk together the egg white and powdered sugar to make the icing. Cover and reserve for later.
- Pulse the apricots in a food processor until finely chopped.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped apricots, almond flour, powdered sugar, and jam. Using your hands, mix the dough, adding water 1 teaspoon at a time until the dough comes together in ball, adding more teaspoons if necessary.
- Dust a work surface with powdered sugar and carefully roll out the dough to a ½” thick rectangle.
- Cut 1” thick strips and then cut each strip into 1½ rectangular pieces.
- With a paring knife, cut the edges off each piece to form a diamond.
- Using your fingers, press and smooth the sharp middle edge, forming an eyelid shape.
- Place your calisson on a wax paper lined baking sheet.
- Continue rerolling and cutting the scraps until you have shaped all the dough.
- Spread a dab of icing over each calisson and let stand to harden.
You can throw together the dough days before and put your friends to work cutting and icing them the day of.
Made it? Tell us about it–