The caramel makes these cookies a delight!
You will need:
1⁄2 stick of butter
1⁄3 cup golden syrup
1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
1 1⁄2 cup plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
caramel sauce, you can use a store bought
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place butter, syrup, and sugar in a saucepan and melt together.
- Set it aside to cool a little.
- Place the flour and baking powder in a bowl and add the butter mixture.
- Work together until you have a smooth dough.
- Roll the dough into walnut-sized balls and place on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Use your thumb and make a bowl for the caramel to sit in in each ball.
- Bake until golden, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Before serving fill each cookie with a little caramel sauce.
You can top the caramel with a little sea salt if you like. You could also top the cookies with curd or preserves.
Made it? Tell us about it–