A lovely cardamom flavored spice cake with a sweet drizzle topping!
9 oz unsalted butter, soft
10 oz evaporated cane juice sugar
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 lb all-purpose flour, unbleached
2 teaspoons cardamom, ground
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
2 tablespoons strong coffee/espresso (may need more depending on consistency)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, milk, and vanilla. Whip together until light and fluffy.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cardamom, and salt, mixing until just combined, being careful to scrape the bottom of bowl.
- Put batter into greased and floured bundt pan and bake about 1 hour or until golden and set.
- When cake is cool, whisk together powdered sugar and coffee.
- Drizzle over cake and enjoy!
Made it? Tell us about it–