From the Winter 2014 issue of Sweet Paul.
Makes about 3 dozen
You will need:
21⁄2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
3⁄4 teaspoon cardamom, ground
3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup+2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups walnuts, very finelychopped (in food processor)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Whisk together the first 4 ingredients.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Add the flour mixture and mix, just until combined.
- Add walnuts and stir until thoroughly incorporated.
- Using 1 tablespoon of dough per cookie, shape into crescents and place on baking sheets about 2” apart.
- Bake, in batches if needed, until lightly golden. This will take about 15 minutes.
- Let cool for 5–10 minutes.
- Place the remaining 2 cups confectioners’ sugar in a wide, shallow bowl.
- When the crescents are cool enough to handle but still warm, roll in confectioners’ sugar, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cool, roll in confectioners’ sugar again.
Made it? Tell us about it–