These little cakes are a true treat. There's the loveliest spiced cardamom flavor. Eat them while warm.
Makes about 30
¼ cup whole milk
1 teaspoon active dry yeast
2 tablespoons butter, soft
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
9 oz all-purpose flour
vegetable oil, for frying
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 teaspoons cardamom
- Heat the milk until finger warm.
- Pour into a baking bowl and add the yeast. Leave for 5 minutes. If the mixture is foaming you can go on.
- Mix in the eggs, 1 at a time.
- Add butter, sugar, vanilla, and flour. Mix well.
- Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough until its 1” thick. Cut into small cakes, 1”x1”.
- Heat the oil in a pot and deep-fry the cakes until golden.
- Place on paper towels and sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar. Serve right away.
Made it? Tell us about it–