We used to make this cake on special occasions. It was one of my childhood favorites
½ cup sugar
1 stick butter, melted
½ cup milk
½ cup sour cream
1½ cup all purpose flour
½ teaspoon cardamom
- Mix eggs and sugar and beat until creamy.
- Add butter, milk, and sour cream, and mix well.
- Mix in flour and cardamom and beat until you have a smooth batter.
- Heat the iron and make waffles. Let them cool.
- On a platter, layer the waffles with whipped cream in between each layer.
- Top with berries, figs, mint, and maple syrup.
- Cut up the cake and serve with extra cream, berries, and maple syrup.
You need a waffle iron for this recipe, but they are more versatile appliances than you think. Try to use it ot make a grilled cheese!
Made it? Tell us about it–