You will need:
1 1/3 cups milk
1/2 stick butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 1/2 tablespoons dry active yeast
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cardamom
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg white, whisked
- Heat up milk and butter.
- Pour into a baking bowl and add sugar, mix well.
- When its finger warm, stir in the yeast.
- Leave for 10 minutes.
- Mix in flour, cardamom and salt. Mix well.
- Cover and let rise for 1 hour.
- Divide dough into 3 pieces and roll out to 3 large sausages.
- Braid into a round wreath.
- Place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Cover and let rise another 30 minutes.
- Brush with egg white and bake at 375F until golden, about 30 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Made it? Tell us about it–