To make the Black Olive Oil, simply blend black olives and olive oil in
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large yellow onion, chopped
1 large potato, peeled and chopped
1 bulb fennel, chopped
5 carrots, peeled and chopped
4 cups chicken stock
1⁄2 cup heavy cream
salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot.
- Fry the onion, potato, fennel, and carrot until soft.
- Add the stock and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Pour into a blender and blend the mixture until smooth. Be careful when blending hot ingredients, do it in small batches or it will go everywhere!
- Pour back into pot and add cream. If the soup feels too thick, just add a little more stock.
- Serve with black oil.
Be careful when blending hot ingredients, do it in small batches or it will go everywhere!
Made it? Tell us about it–