Orange and Grand Marnier give this carrot soup a wonderful flavor and decadence!
Read my Holiday/Winter 2015 issue!
You will need:
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 shallots, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 whole red chili, finely diced
3" piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 orange, just the zest
6 medium carrots, peeled and chopped into even chunks
3 to 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock, depending on desired thickness
1 tablespoon orange marmalade
2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1/4 cup whole milk yogurt
1/4 cup half-and-half
2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- Heat the oil in a medium to large heavy-bottomed pot and lightly sauté shallot, garlic, chili, ginger, and zest until translucent.
- Add carrots and stir to combine for about 2 minutes.
- Add stock and Grand Marnier and cook for 45 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- In a blender, add marmalade and soup, and blend until smooth and creamy. Transfer back to pot.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and cook on medium heat until beginning to steam.
- Mix yogurt, half-and half, and cilantro in a small bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve alongside or drizzle over soup.
Made it? Tell us about it–