Spiralized carrot pasta is so good! I love making it with shrimp and this green olive sauce. You can also make it with chicken or salmon.
1⁄2 cup green olives, pitted
1 clove garlic
3 tablespoons olive oil
pinch of salt
12 to 16 cleaned shrimp
salt and pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon pine nuts
4 to 5 large carrots, spiralized
- Start with the sauce. Place olives, garlic, oil, and a pinch of salt in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and cook in oil—about 1 minute on each side.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan.
- Add onion and pine nuts and sauté until soft.
- Add carrots and continue to sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add half the sauce and 3 tablespoons of water.
- Cook the carrots another 3 minutes. Serve with shrimp and the rest of the sauce.
Made it? Tell us about it–