A great alternative to mashed potatoes. No carbs, but jam packed with lots of decadent flavor!
You will need:
1 large head of cauliflower
1 to 1 1/2 cup Progresso Vegetable Cooking Stock
salt & pepper
6 thick slices pancetta, cubed
1/2 cup grated parmesan
good olive oil
- Cook the pancetta in a pan until crispy, let it drain on kitchen paper.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and boil them until fork tender in salted water. Drain and place back into the pot.
- Add a bit of stock and begin to purée the cauliflower with an immersion blender. Keep adding stock a little at a time, but be careful, you don't want it too thin! (You can also use a hand masher, the texture will just be a little coarser.)
- Stir in half of the parmesan and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the pure with pancetta, more parmesan, some pepper, fresh parsley and a light drizzle of olive oil.
You can also try other kinds of cheese like a cheddar or gruyere.
Made it? Tell us about it–