I love serving these SUPER whiskey and spicy chai poached pears. Not only are they stunningly pretty but the taste is pretty amazing too.
4 firm pears (I love using Bartlett)
5 bags chai tea
1⁄3 cup whiskey
1 cup sugar
- Peel the pears and place them in a large pot.
- Add tea, whiskey, and sugar.
- Add enough water to just cover the pears.
- Bring to boil and let the pears simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let the pears sit in the pot for at least 12 hours in the fridge.
- Serve with whipped cream and some of the liquid.
Don't throw away the liquid, use it in fruit salads or as a simple syrup in cocktails.
Made it? Tell us about it–