This is the perfect salad to accompany any mezzo platter!
SERVES 4–6 AS AN APPETIZER
1 red pepper
1 cloves garlic
juice of half a lemon
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
2 tablespoons chopped mint
handful kalamata olives, pitted
¼ Bulgarian feta or Greek
salt and pepper, to taste
- Rub the outside of eggplant and red pepper, and place them on a medium-high grill or on a sheet pan in a 450°F oven.
- Grill or roast, turning 2–3 times, until skins are charred and the interiors are tender.
- Remove eggplants to a colander or mesh strainer.
- Cut an x mark at the bottom with scissors and let drain.
- Place pepper in a small bowl and cover with cling film.
- Once eggplant and pepper are cool enough to handle; peel each and chop roughly.
- Make a paste by pressing together salt and garlic clove with a side of chef knife on a cutting board.
- Arrange chopped eggplant on a medium platter and season with lemon juice, pepper, and garlic salt paste. Massage ingredients into eggplant with your fingers.
- Arrange red pepper over eggplant, then follow with olives and cheese.
- Drizzle a good amount of olive oil and finish with parsley and mint.
- Serve at room temperature with grilled pita.
Made it? Tell us about it–