These biscuits are from my cookbook, Sweet Paul Eat & Make!
Get tons of inspiration in Sweet Paul Magazine:
4 Tbsp (½ stick) cold butter, cut into pieces, plus more for pan
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
¾ tsp salt
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
1¼ cups whole milk
2 Tbsp raw pumpkin seeds
- Heat oven to 375°F, with a rack in the middle position. Butter 10 cups of a muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Work butter into flour mixture with your fingers; the consistency should be grainy, with some large lumps of butter.
- Add cheddar cheese, scallions, dill, and milk. Mix well. (Don't worry if the dough feels sticky and wet—that's okay.) Divide batter among muffin cups. Sprinkle a few pumpkin seeds on top of each.
- Bake until biscuits are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack before serving.
Made it? Tell us about it–