2 1/2 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 cup cold butter, in pieces
1/4 cup iced water
2 pounds cherries, pitted
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- In a food processor, combine flour, salt, sugar and butter.
- Pulse until coarse.
- Add water and pulse until it holds together.
- Wrap in plastic and place in it the fridge for 1 hour.
- Take it out and cut in half.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface.
- Place in a 9 inch pie plate.
- Cut off any excess dough.
- In a large bowl toss cherries, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice.
- Fill the pie with the mixture.
- Roll out the rest of the dough and cut into 1 1/2 inch strips.
- Weave strips over filling. Press to seal on the edges.
- Brush lattice with egg wash.
- Bake until filling is bubbling and crust golden, about 40 minutes.
- Cool on a window ledge.
Made it? Tell us about it–