"Chestnuts roasting on an open fire...". We all know this song. But do you know how to prepare chestnuts? No? Well you are in luck my friend. Sweet Paul will tell you how.
- First of all the chestnuts need to be firm to the touch and heavy in hand.
- Use a knife and make a cross in the skin, just deep enough to penetrate it.
- I like to put mine in a roasting pan filled with coarse salt.
- Roast them in the oven at 350F(180C) for about 35 minutes.
- While they are hot, remove the skin and they are now ready to enjoy dipped in a little salt.
Photography by Studio Dreyer Hensley
Made it? Tell us about it–