This is my pre-workout soup. It gives me lots of energy and it’s really filling.
You can add other vegetables like butternut squash, broccoli, or cauliflower. I always make it with a rotisserie chicken, it makes life so easy.Instantly download my Fall 2016 issue for just $2.99!
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 yellow onion, finely chopped
1 carrot, finely chopped
1 celery stalk, finely chopped
meat from 1 rotisserie chicken, no skin
1 bunch of kale, in pieces
11⁄2 qts chicken stock
1 small can crushed tomatoes
salt and pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seeds
Sriracha sauce, to taste
- Heat oil in a large pot and sauté onions, carrots, and celery until soft.
- Add chicken and kale and mix well.
- Pour in stock and tomatoes and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, thyme, fennel, and as much Sriracha as you can handle.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes and serve.
Made it? Tell us about it–