The perfect dish for brunch. Making your own tortilla chips is so easy and much better tasting than store bought.
Get your holiday inspiration here:
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 cup green olives, pitted
1/2 cup parsley, chopped
1/2 cup mint, chopped
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
salt and pepper
CHILAQUILES VERDES WITH EGGS:
2 cups vegetable oil
10 soft tortillas, cut into 8 wedges
11/2 cup salsa verde
1 cup chicken stock
4 fried eggs
grated Cotija cheese
- For the Salsa Verde: Place all ingredients in a food processor. Blend until you have a chunky sauce. Add more olive oil if it’s too thick. Set aside to allow the flavors to meld before serving.
- For the chilaquiles: Heat the oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Once warm, fry the tortilla chips until golden on each side. Transfer to paper towel, and season with salt.
- Place salsa verde and chicken stock in a small saucepan, and bring to boil.
- Add the chips and coat well. Place chips in small skillets or bowls.
- Top with eggs, scallions, sour cream, and cheese.
Salsa Verde is delicious on everything from grilled fish to pork.
Made it? Tell us about it–