Light and sweet -- the perfect snack treat!
4 egg whites, at room temperature
1 cup superfine sugar
2 tablespoons good quality cocoa powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- Place egg whites into a bowl. Using an electric mixer beat until foamy.
- Gradually add sugar a tablespoon at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Beat until meringue is thick and glossy. This will take about 8–10 minutes.
- Sift combined cocoa and cinnamon over meringue, using a large spoon fold through roughly with only 3–4 strokes. Do not over mix. (Cocoa mix should look marbled through meringue.)
- Place 12 large heaped spoonfuls of meringue onto prepared trays and allow room between for spreading.
- Bake for 1½ hours or until meringues are dry to touch.
- Turn oven off and allow meringues to cool in oven.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
Made it? Tell us about it–