I love this tart. The pecans on top can also be served with some great cheese on their own.
10 tablespoons butter, soft
1⁄2 cup+2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
2 egg yolks
11⁄2 cups plain flour
1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
3⁄4 cup heavy cream
7 oz dark chocolate, chopped
7 oz light brown sugar
4 oz sugar
1 teaspoon Maldon sea salt
4 oz pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add egg yolks and beat well.
- Add flour and cocoa and work it well together.
- Press into a large tart pan.
- Prick the bottom with a fork.
- Let sit for 1 hour.
- Bake at until golden and crisp, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Place cream, chocolate, and sugar in a double boiler and melt together.
- Once smooth, remove from heat and pour in the tart.
- Place the sugar in a sauce pan and stir until you have golden caramel.
- Add salt and pecans.
- Pour onto parchment paper and let stiffen.
- Break in pieces and place on top of tart.
Made it? Tell us about it–