Listen to this my friends! Today is sunday, I woke up early to go to the flee market in Dumbo here in NYC. I was so excited to go, as I was looking for some props for an upcoming shoot. And what happened? I came the, and no flee! How could they do that to me? I walked home, totally depressed. Then it hit me.......the only way to make this day whole again was to make something with chocolate. So I hit the store and made this recipe for my chocolate and cream cups. And now, after two servings, life is looking bright again. Thank you chocolate!
1/2 cup, 125g unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup plain flour
1/4 cup, 60g shredded coconut
4 tablespoons good quality cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon sugar
Chocolate sauce, you can use store bought
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Beat butter and sugar until pale.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Mix well.
- Add flour, coconut, cocoa and baking powder.
- Mix well.
- Pour the batter into a 12 cup buttered muffin tin.
- Place in oven and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack
- Cut the cupcakes into cubes and place them in 4 tea cups.
- Whisk cream and sugar into loose whipped cream and pour it in the cups.
- Use the chocolate sauce to make a pattern.
A super yes; easy and tasty little treat.
Made it? Tell us about it–