They made this swedish inspired christmas treat story for me. You can see the whole story here.
1 1/4 cups butter, at room temperature
2 cups sugar
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Preheat oven to 340F.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Stir in cocoa, syrup and salt.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, stirring well between each.
- Add flour and orange peel; mix well.
- Cover a large baking tray with parchment paper and pour the batter on top.
- Bake for about 35 minutes.
- The cake is supposed to be a bit sticky.
- Cool and press out stars with a cookie cutter.
- Dust with a little confectioners' sugar before serving.
Made it? Tell us about it–