This cake is so much fun! Decadent!
12 tablespoons salted butter, soft
1 cup light brown sugar
1⁄2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
11⁄2 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
4 tablespoons salted butter, soft
3⁄4 cup peanut butter
1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
3 1⁄4-ounce packages
1⁄2 cup cold water
2 cups granulated sugar
2⁄3 cup light corn syrup
1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl beat butter and sugars until creamy.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Add milk, vanilla, flour, and cocoa and mix until you have a smooth dough.
- Pour batter into a 9-inch cake tin.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until firm to the touch.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl beat together butter, peanut butter, sugar, and salt.
- Cut the cake in half and smear the cream on the bottom cake.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, sprinkle gelatin over 1⁄2 cup cold water; let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, and 1⁄4 cup water.
- Place saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil; boil rapidly for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, and, with the mixer on high, slowly pour the boiling syrup down the side of the mixer bowl into gelatin mixture.
- Add salt and continue mixing for 12 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract; mix until well combined.
- Spray a rubber spatula or your hands with cooking spray.
- Spread marshmallow mixture evenly over cake.
Cut it with a warm knife.
Made it? Tell us about it–