A Fall classic!
6 medium sweet-tart apples, such as Braeburn, Fuji, or Gala
6 popsicle sticks
1 pound semi-sweet chocolate, cut into chunks
2 cups chopped nuts, use the kind you like the best
- Twist off the stems from the apples and push a popsicle stick into each one.
- Put the apples in the fridge while preparing the chocolate; they’ll coat better if they’re cold.
- Slowly melt the chocolate in a double boiler over hot water.
- Remove from the heat and stir until completely melted and warm, not hot.
- Dunk each apple into the chocolate, allowing the excess to drip back into the bowl.
- Roll the apples around in the chocolate, turning with the stick, so they’re coated all the way up to the top. Use a spoon to baste any hard-to-get spots.
- Put the desired coating in a separate bowl and roll the dipped apples around so they’re completely covered.
- Set the chocolate-dipped apples on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate is set.
Made it? Tell us about it–