This tart is a breeze to make and the result will knock your socks off! A not-too-sweet combo of salty pretzels, sweet bananas, and rich chocolate hazelnut mousse!
makes two 9 inch tarts
You will need:
4 cups pretzels
1 1/2 sticks butter (6 ounces), melted
2 ripe bananas
1 16 ounce jar Justin’s Chocolate Hazelnut Butter
1 package of cream cheese (8 ounces)
½ pint of heavy cream (8 ounces)
- Begin by pulverizing your pretzels in a food processor or in a plastic bag with a rolling pin.
- Pour melted butter into your ground pretzels and mix well.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of your tart pans, make sure to build up the edges a little bit too. Then set aside.
- In a stand mixer, whip your half pint of whipping cream into whipped cream. I whipped mine to stiff peaks. Then transfer the whipped cream to another bowl and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream the cream cheese and Justin’s Chocolate Hazelnut Butter well until completely mixed together.
- Add your whipped cream to the chocolate mixture and mix until JUST incorporated.
- Slice bananas into ¼ inch coins and cover the tart crusts completely with them.
- Top the tarts with your chocolate mixture and spread across the tarts. I like to mound the mousse mixture up a bit in the middle and finish it with a nice swirl pattern.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Serve cold from the refrigerator, and enjoy!
I used two of these tart pans: Nordic Ware Pro-Forms
Made it? Tell us about it–