These are great chocolate cookies with just the right amount of peppermint.
Makes about 12 big or 30 small
2½ tablespoons salted butter
½ cup sugar
1 large egg
½ teaspoon peppermint extract
½ cup plain flour
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
½ teaspoon baking powder
1⁄3 cup semisweet chocolate, melted
10 peppermint candies, chopped
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Add peppermint, flour, cocoa, and baking powder and mix well.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before use.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll out to 1⁄8-inch thick on a floured surface.
- Cut out 2-inch rounds using a cookie cutter and transfer to a parchment-paper-covered baking tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Decorate with a little melted chocolate and some crushed peppermint candy.
Made it? Tell us about it–