2 teaspoons butter
1/2 cup sugar
6 large eggs, separated
6 ounces good quality chocolate, melted
1/2 teaspoon salt
Creme fraiche, for serving
Raspberries for serving
- Preheat oven to 350F. Bring a pot of water to the boil. Butter 4 ovenproof small dishes.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg yolks with sugar until light and creamy.
- Whisk in the melted chocolate.
- In another bowl, whisk egg whites with salt to soft peaks.
- Fold the egg whites gently into the chocolate mixture using a spatula.
- Pour into the dishes. Set the dishes in a roasting pan and pour enough boiling water into pan to come 1 inch up sides of dishes.
- Bake about 12-15 minutes, cake should have just set.
- Cool and serve with creme fraiche and raspberries.
Made it? Tell us about it–