2 oz dark chocolate, chopped
1 1/3 stick butter
1/3 cup sour cream
1 3/4 plain flour
1 1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup ground almonds
6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
red marzipan, rolled to small balls
fresh bay leafs, dipped in water and then sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place chocolate and butter in a saucepan and turn up the heat.
- Stir until all melted.
- Add sour cream and eggs and stir well.
- Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl place flour, sugar, cocoa, almonds and baking powder.
- Add the butter and mix well.
- Pour batter into a greased cupcake tin.
- Bake until firm to the touch, about 20 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Have some confectioners sugar and water in a bowl and stir until you have a thick frosting.
- Frost the cupcakes upside down, add a few marzipan balls and a sugared bey leaf.
Made it? Tell us about it–