I love these bars. They have a buttery shortbread bottom, sweet jam, and then an
almost caramel-flavored coconut on top.
Makes 20 Bars
1½ sticks butter, room temperature
½ cup sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1¾ cups all purpose flour
¼ teaspoon flaky sea salt
1½ cups apricot jam (I love Bonne Maman)
2 cups flaked coconut, sweetened
7 oz sweetened condensed milk
- In a bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add the vanilla, flour, and salt, and mix until a smooth dough.
- Wrap in plastic and let rest in the fridge for 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Take mixture out of the fridge and press it out into a greased 9x13” baking pan.
- Prick the bottom with a fork.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Take it out and spread a layer of jam on top.
- Top with coconut flakes and finish off with condensed milk.
- Place it back in the oven for about 28–30 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack and let set.
- I l ike mine to stay in the fridge before serving. It becomes almost like a candy bar.
Made it? Tell us about it–