Sweet, fresh, and totally satisfying!
1 can coconut milk (unsweetened)
2 cups whole milk
1 1⁄3 cup white basmati rice
1⁄3 cup sugar
2 mangos, peeled and chopped
1 lime, zest and juice
1 tablespoon sugar
few springs thai basil, leaves removed
- Heat the coconut milk and whole milk until they are just below a boil
- Add the basmati rice and keep at a low simmer, stirring frequently, until the pudding has thickened and the rice is tender, about 25 minutes
- Remove from heat and stir in the sugar. Let cool to room temperature and chill in the refrigerator, at least 4 hours.
- Just before you’re ready to serve, place the mangos, lime zest, lime juice, and sugar in a mixing bowl. Cut the basil into thin strips and add to the mix. Give it all a stir and let sit 10 to 15 minutes
- Serve the chilled coconut pudding with a healthy spoonful of the mangos on top.
Made it? Tell us about it–